Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Life is really so short

I was working late last night when the sad news came to me. I didn't believe my eyes when the words in that e-mail slowly formed to make sense. As though it was some kind of a hoax playing tricks on me, but no, it was all so true and it left me with the surreal feeling that our life is full of twist and turns.

The wife of our dear CEO died yesterday after suffering a stroke during her pilates session. The news came as a shock. It was earlier this year when I first saw her during their visit at the plant. I don't know her personally but I've been hearing a lot of good things about her. And I can say that for the most part, all of those were true.

She's beautiful, tall and slender. She used to be a model and gave up her career when she got married. She's the type of woman that leaves everyone in the room gawking when she passes by. Not because she's beautiful... It's her personality that amazes everyone around. She exudes the kind of confidence that doesn't assert to flaunt. She's genuinely nice, compassionate, generous and warm. She doesn't make anyone feel a little less about themselves. She puts down their status symbol and reaches out to everyone in need. 

It's so hard to believe that she joined our Creator sooner than we've expected (if I'm not mistaken, she's still at her forties). But like everyone else in this temporary world, we all depart in our own time when our very purpose has ended. And as for Ma'am Ann-Kathrin, I believe she lived a full life, a life well spent, a remarkable one.

No amount of words could ever comfort the pain, the pain of losing someone we love. To Sir Bobby, I offer my prayers and sincerest sympathy to you and your family. May you find the strength to accept God's will and courage to hold on. The whole team is saddened by the loss of the person we've come to love and respect.

To Ma'am Ann-Kathrin, may you rest in eternal peace...

8 comments:

Gnetch said...

:( Too sad. I don't know what to say.

Rathi said...

Oh Jan.. it makes me feel like crying. while reading this i am listening to CRY by James Blunt. I feel sad reading about this. as you continued to write about her, i could imagine how she would have been and now all of a sudden everything vanished. I am so sorry. my condolences to you xoxo

MiDniGHt DriVer said...

Too bad.. :(

Debbie said...

Loosing someone is SO sad! no words .... This is a beautiful tribute!

kirapermunian said...

yeah that was too bad... Life is really so short, we have to live with it to the fullest.

i'm no miss said...

Condolence..

Sey said...

I know the feeling of loosing someone you love-it brings back the memory when my father died.. So we better take time to love them while we can still show the affection.

Anonymous said...

Nice way of remembering her Jan!

Btw, nice new layout girl! I love the colors!

 

blog visitors since 05/19/10