Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trippin' Manila

***NOTE : This post had been residing in my draft for a week. I don't know why I couldn't get myself to focus and finish this up. But anyway, I'm trying. So forgive me if this is kinda late and overdue.

*************************---------------******************************-------------**************************

Probably the funniest and wackiest trip I've ever had was my recent trip to Manila. We had a good time, laughing, fooling around most of the time (a group composed of 8 dysfunctionals, what do you expect?) We fondly call ourselves DYSFUNCTIONALS. I don't know how I've gotten myself into this group. I mean, am I dysfunctional? Really? It's just amazing how you find friends at work, discover the things you have in common and tada....!!! you instantly click and evolve and the last thing you know you've formed a bond.

Anyway, this blog post is not about my dysfunctional friends. This is about my trip. Did I say it was fucking hilarious? Yes it is! Actually, I almost canceled but my restless feet think otherwise. I have more than one good reason why I should be there. And yes, it was worth the decision.

The first thing we did when we arrive, we hopped into the shuttle at the airport, had breakfast at McDonalds and spent the next 5 minutes arguing if we're gonna cross the street or not. The friend of my colleague who was supposed to meet us didn't make it. She just texted us the directions going to their place where we're gonna stay for 3 days. Since most of us are first-timers in Manila, we really don't know what route to take and which transpo to ride. But anyway, my colleague's friend wasn't good in giving directions. Or should I say, couldn't make herself clear in her text messages. Trust me, it won't be helpful if you mix up the word 'Sucat' (that's the name of the place we're staying) and 'Tatawid' (literally means "to cross" in english) in one incoherent sentence. I mean text.

After a series of talking, discussion, brainstorming, creative thinking - No, we actually didn't do that, we saw a passenger jeepney with the signboard : SUCAT Tatawid. Huh! Brilliant. She could have said to take that sucat tatawid route and we wouldn't have wasted our time.

Anyway we arrived at the place, settled for a few minutes and headed to Tagaytay. I was very excited coz it was my first time to visit Tagaytay and I'm eager to see Taal Volcano in its picturesque glory.

This volcano is surrounded by fresh water lake. It's been quiet for decades but a few years ago it showed signs of seismic activity. Nevertheless, we were all enthralled by it's unique beauty.

By mid-afternoon we were on our way to Enchanted Kingdom, a themed park in Laguna. The rides were exhilarating, and if not extremely heart-stopping - extremely dizzy-causing. I have this stupid fear of dizziness, so I didn't purchase the ride-all-you-can ticket. Asked what's the most challenging ride for me?: the carousel and the mini-train! HAHAHAHA!

We all fell asleep on our way home. No wait. We were LOST and it took us almost an hour and a series of Q&A on the street. We even got up on the wrong jeep (for non-filipino readers : that's our transpo mode in the Philippines) and then went down when the driver told us we hailed the wrong one. There was a time we were arguing how much we're gonna pay for the fare. The minumum fare was Php 8.00 and there were 9 of us. When my colleague asked how much is 8 X 9, someone blurted out 86! Then someone challenged the answer and said it's 64. Ahhmm..excuse me girls, what multiplication table you're using? Coz the last time I checked, 8 X 9 is 72. Okay?!

It was really funny and embarrassing and we can't stop laughing about it. Thank God we arrived home at almost midnight. Dead tired.

The following day, we went to another themed park. This time, it's meeting the sea creatures up close. And personal! Hehehe... We visited Manila Ocean Park. We went to see the dancing jellyfish, the sea lions' show and the oceanarium - a very huge aquarium where you can find different species of fish and corals.


For the whole experience, I had so much fun watching sea lions perform. It was my first time to see a sea lion actually (yah, yah, yah what a pity!). They did some tricks, danced and we could only say WOW! What's running through my head? : Hmmmm... can I have a sea lion pet? That would be really COOL.


By the way, there' s this kid who I really find amusing. While we were watching the sea lion's show, this kid kept on shouting : "Sea Lion King! Sea Lion King!" Uh oh!! He must have mistaken the poor sea lion to that famous animated movie. Then her mother told him, "No, that's not sea lion king." He kept quiet and then shouted : "LION! LION! LION!" Hahaha! Child, we're in an ocean park, we're not in the zoo. Tsk, tsk, tsk....

And for the most exciting part... tan tada dan................

The Blogger Meet Up!

Yes. Finally. I got a chance to meet personally my blog friends Sey and Gnetch. For the first time. Say Hello to us!!!


Ooopppsss! Just the back view. I haven't ask for their permission they might actually kill me for posting this.☺

I really look forward to doing this again sooner, girls. It was FUUUUNNNN!!!!


5 comments:

Sey said...

You made me LOL with that "SUCAT TATAWID" instructions and "SEA LION KING".hahahaha!!!

You really went to Tagaytay, Enchanted Kingdom and Manila Ocean Park. Those 3 trips made the difference. Hope we could go there together next time.

and most of all, I was happy to see the back view of our meet-up. You didn't knew how excited and happy we were to meet you finally.

P.S. Please reserve some of your leaves for us. We'll be there soon! SAY NO "S"

janjan said...

Sey, that's half of the story. we had a lot of bloopers, and up to this day, we still talk about it. the sea lion king chant was really a winner. i like that kid. and i wouldn't forget that sucat tatawid route for the rest of my life.

Gnetch said...

I agree with Sey! I'm saving MY OWN leave for our trip to Cebu!!

I had fun on our meetup! It was like we were old friends catching up. It was awesome!! Hope we could do it again soon!

Rathi said...

I loved the pictures.. Sey sent me some... you gals rocked that day... I thought you and sey looked more like twins... but then I could distinguish who was who...

MiDniGHt DriVer said...

Waaahhh.. bat di ka nagsama? sayang naman :(

 

blog visitors since 05/19/10