Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

On the first sign of summer

It's been sizzling hot for two weeks straight. I haven't seen the rain. Oh did I miss it? Not really. I've had enough of that for the past months.

A summer wouldn't be complete without a summer outing. That's according to...ME! Anyway, thanks to my boss for sponsoring. Errr wait. I'm not sure if it was the company who did but thank you still coz I was able to go to Talima Adventure and Water Park in Olanggo Island for FREEEEE! ( Yeeaaahhh that's the most amazing part!)

Just a 15-minute boat ride from the mainland, we feast our eyes on blue waters and flatables that promised us fun and play. So play we did and fun we had. I nearly injured my foot on the trampoline. What with the poor sense of balance I have? I did not mind trying the water slide and the orbit-shaped like flatable. Call me a killjoy but I really had a hard time moving around with a lifevest. I realized I exerted 5 times more effort just swimming around and trying to stay afloat most of the time. I guess I should be serious in taking a swimming lesson.

photo courtesy of the web...

Actually I was a little disappointed when they told me that the spintacular (the zorb thing) is out of order. So the big beach ball has been busted for months and they didn't replace it? Come on! I also thought that the zip 'n splash (you do the zipline and I assume you'd fall into the water) is kinda exciting and I was eager to try it. But when I saw how short the distance is between the two points? Ahhhh.. I'll make a pass. It doesn't seem so tempting at all. The ATV (all terrain vehicle) was pure adventure. The guys' driving skill on a very rough road was put to a test. Except that one of them bumped off all the sticks which were placed on the road (those sticks were placed as markers). Ooopppss! Sorry.

After we took our lunch we head straight to another island. Sulpa island this time. It was my fourth time to be there so I did not took any more photos.

sulpa island from afar...

It was low tide when we got there so we were not able to swim (as if I can). We were content watching small fishes swimming around the corals. It was a refreshing sight!

At the end of the day - I had fun. I was tired. And I have sunburn on my back. Perfect!


3 comments:

Rathi said...

Jan, you seriously have to tell me where do you work!! Is it a place called Heaven or Paradise?

janjan said...

Ratz - hahaha! it's not a perfect paradise but a lot better than the previous companies i've been with. it's part of the vision to work with fun. and whenever i tell people about that, they often quip : "where the hell do you work?". :)

Sey said...

is there a vacant position in your company that will suit me? seriously, those are the kind of companies that we should love.

I'm so envious! I would love to try those inflatables. Your summer bash is real fun.

 

blog visitors since 05/19/10