Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life's a Beach and then what?

A beach bum who doesn't know how to swim... That phrase perfectly describes me.

About two weeks ago, Yahoo PH posted an article about the top 7 must-visit beaches in the Philippines. The beach lover in me couldn't just sit there and stare at the article. I hurriedly clicked the link, browsed at each entry, and prided myself for getting 5 out of 7.

Quite a feat as most of my friends would say. I nearly planned to get 6 out of 7 before the year ends. So when the opportunity of spending summer in one of the islands in Cebu came knocking at my doorstep, I didn't know I was truly in for a big surprise.

Well thanks to my blog friend Gnetch (ahemmm!) for bitching me out to Camotes Island hahaha!

The truth is, I've been to most islands in Cebu but never to Camotes. Blame it on the crazy "big waves" stories I've heard. This time there's no turning back. I gotta check out myself why so many people are raving about the "sweet potato" island.

We took the ferry on a Sunday and spent the next two hours on not so comfortable seats. Actually, I am used to travel in far more inconvenient mode, but a group of prattlers and a lady who doesn't know how to keep her voice low made the situation so inconvenient. Good thing I have a bunch of Wooga games on my phone or I would have thrown them a bone.

So after a few rounds of Diamond dash and attempts to solve the 4 pics 1 word puzzle, we arrived at the port of Consuelo. The turquoise water, the laid-back vibe and friendly people greeted us as we disembarked from the boat.

approaching the port of Consuelo

melancholic
kids enjoying their time diving
 We're supposed to stay at Santiago Bay Garden and Resort but they're fully booked so we just stayed at a nearby resort. We had lunch at Pito's Sutukil and had a taste of their famous SUTUKIL at very affordable price. (Sutukil is a moniker for Sugba (Grill), Tuwa (fish stew) & Kilaw / Kilawin (raw fish drenched in vinegar). The rest of the afternoon was spent whiling around and swimming.

Infinity pool at Santiago Bay Gardens
White Beach --- just like Boracay it has a wide shallow area. You have to walk farther before you get chest-deep. But Boracay sands are still the finest (in my opinion).
the cozy public beach where everyone gets to enjoy the white sand
 
The rhyme that goes Sea Shells by the Sea Shore


Santiago Bay Gardens

Bungalow rooms at Santiago Resort


Coming right up: A taste of Camotes' best kept secrets all for a day! Lake Danao, Timubo Cave and Bakhaw Beach!










1 comments:

Gnetch said...

Girl! I so want to fly back there!!!! Thanks for touring me! :)

 

blog visitors since 05/19/10